For current staff vacancies, please see 'Education Vacancies' section on the Hampshire County Council Website.
St Mark's Church Of England (Aided) Primary School, Farnborough
Learning Support Assistant & Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our learning support assistant team. You will be expected to work closely with our teachers to develop the learning for all pupils - in our school learning support assistants work with pupils of all abilities. You will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to be flexible to meet the needs of the school.
• Previous experience of supporting children in a mainstream school.
• Trained to NVQ3 standard (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
• To have good literacy and numeracy skills- GCSE Grades A-C
Experience of leading progress led interventions
We are looking for someone who:
• An LSA who has high expectations of achievement and behaviour for all our children and is committed to delivering high quality provision
• can work effectively as part of a team
• is confident working under the direction of a class teacher but also able to work independently using initiative
• has the patience and imagination to promote and inspire learning
• can be professionally discrete and able to respect confidentiality
• has well developed interpersonal skills and a sense of humour to forge positive relationships with a broad range of adults and children
This role incorporates a Lunchtime Supervisory role, this includes;
• Supervising the Lunchtime period to ensure consistent support for the school’s aims.
• Providing enriching playtime opportunities for our children.
• Ensuring the safety and welfare of children at all times.
Visits to the school are welcomed and you should contact the school office on 01252 544155 to arrange an appointment with our Headteacher.
St Mark's Church Of England (Aided) Primary School, Farnborough and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.